Inspired by a talented and creative local chef-patron of a uniquely, and amusingly, named restaurant, Mr. Wolf thought to combine herbs and spices used in the region around Turkey, to create a gentle but flavoursome blend. Hence ‘The Peaceful Turk’. The spice is a mix of spice and herb that has a softness and delicacy with a background warmth with fragrant and earthy notes to it. If used during cooking it will release a lovely colour. Add to fish, meats, casseroles, stews, stir-fries, and stocks, to create a mouth-watering dish.
Ingredients (in order of percentage)
Sweet Paprika, Hot Paprika, Dill Leaf, Mint Leaf, Cumin Powder, Sumac, Coriander, Coriander Leaf, Oregano, Cinnamon, Celery, Celery Seed, Onion Seed, Hibiscus Powder, Onion Seed powdered, Saffron.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Produced in a facility that uses Cereals, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Peanuts, Soybeans, Milk (including lactose), Nuts, Celery, Mustard, Sesame, Lupin and Molluscs.
Reseal and store in a dry place.
- Pour ½ a cup of olive oil and 2 heaped teaspoons of spice (add more if preferred) into a small bowl and lightly whisk together until well combined.
- Pour the mix in to a large polythene bag or food grade plastic container. Put chicken (breasts, legs, wings) into the container or bag and thoroughly coat the chicken using the mixture.
- Cover container or seal bag and place in a fridge for up to 2 hours before cooking.
Wolfie tip : Score meat joint with a sharp knife, helps marinade to penetrate the outer skin and allows flavour to soak further into the meat.
Dry Rub (ideal for thick steaks)
- Rub directly into each side of dark meats or vegetables by hand before cooking (2 teaspoons of rub for each steak).
- Leave to stand for approximately an hour before cooking.
Wolfie Tip: For best results leave in fridge overnight or for at least a few hours. Then let meat come to room temperature before grilling.
- Add juice from 4 lemons, 50ml of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp of Mr wolf Spice, and pinch of salt to a bowl and whisk. Put marinade to one side.
- Peel vegetables then slice in pieces no bigger than 5mm thick.
- Dice the remaining vegetables to the same size.
- Submerge all the vegetables in the marinade for 2 hours.
- Take vegetables out of the marinade and remove any excess marinade.
- Place the frying pan on the hob and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, make sure the pan is hot.
- Put vegetables in the pan and grill for 2-3 minutes
See All Recipes Here
Any returned items must be returned/sent by customer with seal and packaging still intact within a 14 day period which starts from the date the package was sent from the seller. Once spice bag/bags have been sent to the address stated below and received successfully and checked over, the amount paid for the returned items will be refunded into the customers bank account within 3 working days.
Please send all items that are to be returned to the following address:
- Mr Wolf Urban Spices Ltd
- 5 North Street
- Saville Chambers
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- NE1 8DF