Imperial Trout using Mr Wolf’s Imperial Spice
Trout dish with Mr Wolf’s Imperial Spice
Mr Wolfs Imperial Spice
An exotic explosion of flavour created by combining ingredients widely used in the Middle East and Mediterranean.
- Warm the oil over a medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Gently sweat the shallot in the rapeseed oil for 5 minutes.
- Add Mr Wolfs Imperial Spice and cook for another 2 minutes. Throw in the tomatoes, sugar and orange juice.
- Cover with the lid and simmer gently for 30 minutes, adding stock/water as necessary. You want to end up with a thick, rich sauce, so add the extra liquid judiciously.
- Taste the sauce and add salt, sugar or a touch more spice to suit your own palate.
- Lay the fish on top of the sauce, replace the lid and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish.