Zipadeedoodah Green Tomato and Black Bean Curry
A unique Zipadeedoodah Green Tomato and Black Bean Curry using Mr Wolf’s Wor Toon Curry Pooda spice.
Mr Wolf’s Wor Toon Curry Pooda
Created in a moment of nostalgic whimsy by Mr. Wolf, keen to try and remind himself of those good old days of chips with curry sauce
- Put the oil and butter in a large frying pan or prospector pan and warm over a medium heat.
- When the butter foams, add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent. Tip in the spice mix and cook for 5 minutes. if the mixture starts to catch on the bottom of the pan add a little water (you don’t need any more oil).
- Put the tomatoes, beans, coconut in the pan and stir in the water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, adding more water if the sauce looks too thick.
- Taste, add the lemon juice and season with salt.
- Add the spinach, a handful at a time and when it has just wilted, the dish is ready to serve.
- A handful of chopped coriander and some lemon wedges would not go amiss, but are not essential.
- Serve with rice or naan